- Number of bike-parts created:
- Number of bike-parts reviewed:
I am a bike enthusiast living in Germany. Since about 2016, I ride road bikes, later gravel bikes and also have a fascination for the technical aspect.
Great (light) winter shorts. It's hard to find bib shorts for colder days, that are a little bit padded. I really like those, as I totally don't like long bibs in the winter, as I fell them to be uncomfy and too tight. I rather like "winter" bibs with 1 or 2 layers of tights instead which gives you a better flexibility.
I would use this short between about -3º-12ºC. If colder, then I would need another layer or a shorter (~1h) ride. Also, Decathlon seems to be doing sales of those shorts sometimes, so I think, I got those for about 40-50 EUR.
Great mesh layer. Using it for years and reorder several sizes (short/long sleeve)
- crap, the inner valve core was totally toast and I was unable to unscrew it, even using pliers
- Just buy quality Schwalbe, which are also not too expensive anyways.
- Very light, comfy
- temperature point for me: -2ºC - 10ºC perfect.
- rode it all winter, after 1-2 season it is a little bit worn/teared, so I already bought a second pair.
- Both valve types work for a minipump on the way
- installable below bottle cages
- The pressure/manometer is a little bit useless, as it does not bring you confidence and is very very coarse. Also, the hand is a little bit loose, so if you install the minipump on your bottle cages, the hand will rattle most of the time. So can recommend BUT take the model without manometer!
- good water proof material
- quality straps, which are gentle to the frame
- only a little bit too big for my smaller frame size, So I needed to use smaller bottles or move the bottle cages further down.
works. Nothing bad or good too tell.
- good bag, also works on my smaller frame sizes and does not rub on the back wheel (172cm height)
- water proof, only disadvantage is, there is no valve or so, so you have to press out all the air in order to reduce the bag size.
- nice color options
- Fits, works
- In the beginning after installation, it was spinning great, BUT after only 100-200km it started become rough already
- For this price point, you can already get 2x Shimano BB, but being forced to use SRAM DUB, I tried this one, total failure, which is why I got back to Shimano
I think I made no mistake while installing it, because now with the Shimano BB it works great, also with the previous, cheaper ZTTO it worked also for 1,500km. So I can NOT recommend this one.
- okish bar tap, nothing exceptional
- surface feel is not the best: very foamy.
- grippy enough, so I will keep it for now until it is dirty.
- Great and comfy cap, I weared it all winter,
- great size (big enough for my head, not the case with every cap)
- warm, overear.
- criminally cheap :)
Good gloves! Already my 2nd pair from Rockbros.
Simple piece of alu, with bolts included. So you can adjust the height of the bottle cages.
- Great design
- Perfect, if you have a topbar bag on a small frame, to difficulties to reach the bottles. This bottle cage allows access from the side.
- On the other hand, if your bottles are not bulky enough, it is possible they might fall out on the side, with my Camelbaks so far no issues.
- only the very bottom has the interesting pattern, the top is just black
- Don't like the feeling, not very "stretchy", I tried it, but replaced it.
- Nice design, zipper works good
- Strips with frame protection
- Great light, interesting patterns - I really dig the "Knight rider" one, also got some comments from other bikers on it.
- Good battery life. USB-C
- Cool design, nice mounting spot with GoPro mount below, strong aluminum case.
- Battery is ok but not extremely great (bought the 500lm)
- Light is ok but neither very bright nor a large cone (500lm variant)
- Remote control is great, so you can change the brightness on demand
- very light
- good light cone for this price point
- Battery is ... okish, like 2h maybe, I usually take 2 with me.
- Has a remote control :D Also has a electric horn built in when using the remote. But the sound is very unfamiliar for local people, so I just use a normal bell instead. (Even got it cheaper, directly from Taiwan)
Looks worse than in the pictures, Quite slippy and not very good to handle. After 1 ride I put it down and was replaced by another one.
It works, it's cheap
Simple to use, very cheap but usable. Can also keep a Ice cool for 30min (tested ;D) Only disadvantage at this price point are the straps, which have plastic connectors that might scrub your frame over time. Also cleaning those things is not easy.
Used one for 2k km and replaced it with another one of the same brand. Works, shifting works, good factory lubrication for the first 500km or so. But on the other hand not a lot cheaper than buying a chain directly from a brand (At least the 11)
- Levers work for me (hand size on the shorter end)
- no major issues with installation or handling
- Front derailleur works great IMO - if you get used to the 2 trim positions
- Rear derailleur works also ok, but IMO switching gears takes a little to much power. Also, there are slight switching issues on the small ring (maybe the tension too low). In the end still great value for the price.
- Included chain worked great for 2000km and had good waxing in the beginning
- very fast delivery
- a little too small (too short) for my
- not very comfy for heavier riders I suppose, it's ok for 1-2h rides, but nothing more
- Now, it's on the Zwift bike, so that is a good fit for me
- Ordered two sizes to be able to experiment
- Very light
- Only issue with my carbon handlebar: I need to torque the screws quite a bit, so the handlebar does not accidentally rotate
- Usable on the aerobar
- Not the greatest optic, but has a GoPro Mount below.
- One of the few carbon/aero handlebar that are compatible with a Aerobar.
- Partially internal routing, very fickly, because there is no guide or anything, use some wire
- In combination with aluminum (aerobar mounts or stem) it seems to be you need quite a bit of torque, otherwise all the stuff will rotate accidentally sooner or later.
Great wheels, Even after couple thousand kilometres (2500km) they are still quite true and no issues so far!
Tubeless rim take was applied twice (as suggested by them) and it's keeping the fluid inside so far. center lock disc brakes had no issues. Make sure, to also order long valves or valve extensions. But of course, there is not much benefit in deep wheels, maybe 0,5km/h faster, tops 1 km/h in good conditions (Side wind). I would opt for a smaller rim next time, so I can swap the inner tube in emergency situations better and don't have to deal with long valves. Hubs: Hub spins good, but like other commenters found out, the noise is not really pleasant. If you can, try to opt for a better quality Hub (DT Swiss etc.) instead, which ELITE also can build the wheel with.
Works as a brake, comparable to a rim brake at the most though. Still, having a disc brake is still advantageous: - no rim wear, - better brake performance in the wet - easier to install than hydraulic - With the included disc I have the problem, that the brake does not center itself perfectly every time, so I sometimes have to tap the brake to recenter. Could also be the brake pads (Switched to Shimano metal)
- very light, stiff
- the included Bottom bracked worked for about 2,000 km after it got rough and replaced (See last point)
- optic is a little mixed, but pictures show it: Might be not great for a road bike, but looks more "rugged" so great fit for Gravel, CX, MTB etc.
- Did it job, but I regret the SRAM DUB standard a little, so I switched back to Shimano's because it is so much harder to get (good) Bottom brackets for SRAM's.
- Great glasses, for me
- Photochromatic is ok... BUT it does not get totally clear, so it is not usable at night.
- If you need prescriptions, most models have the clip already provided.
- VERY bright
- mount is ok
- Battery was NOT included and must be ordered seperately
- Cone is not useful for city or traffic, as there is no cutoff and you will blind upcoming people
- if you ride over rough terrain the battery or light will flicker. In the end, a good extra light for the dark forest nights, and price was very ok.
Surprisingly heavy, not particular long battery life. But nice decent design. I already lost it (not the fault of the light, I put it on a saddle bag which is very prone to lose it)
Works. No issues
Nothing great, used it once, but it is particular exceptional. I bought the black variant, which is not very beautiful in the end.
- Very light,
- Stiff, maybe even too stiff, as it will leave some scratches on the bottles